Tivatek: Total Intravenous Anaesthesia (TIVA) sets
Tivatek: presenting a range of TIVA sets you can rely on
Our motivation when designing Tivatek was to create an advanced range of TIVA products following guidelines from the Safe Anaesthesia Liaison Group (SALG), the Society for Intravenous Anaesthesia (SIVA) and the Association of Anaesthetists.
Tivatek is Europlaz’s own TIVA range. Tivatek has several benefits over traditional TIVA systems, these are highlighted in the video below and are explained in more detail on the benefits page.
A secure and safe TIVA line, every time
Total Intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA) is a technique of general anaesthesia which uses a combination of agents given exclusively by the intravenous route without the use of inhalation agents (Gas Anaesthesia) including nitrous oxide.
Why use TIVA?
Intravenous (IV) anaesthesia has several advantages over inhalational anaesthetics:
- A faster/cleaner recovery for short cases.
- Less-post operative nausea and vomiting.
- Less contamination from greenhouse gases than inhalational anaesthetics.
- No risk of malignant hyperthermia.
Why choose Tivatek?
“Tivatek offers all the benefits of the competition but at a more competitive price.” NHS Consultant Anaesthetist Burton NHS Trust.
- Manufactured in the UK and are 100% integrity tested.
- 2-way, 3-way and 4-way variants available.
- High-flow distal and anti-siphon valves for free-flow and back-flow prevention.
- Microbore tubing for low priming volume and reduced drug wastage.
- Anti-kink bridge and non-kink tubing on all sets, to reduce risk of occlusion.
- Tivatek extension sets include an anti-reflux valve on the fluid administration line and anti-siphon valve on the drug delivery line which are made of low sorbing material and/or DHEP free.
- A collection of tubing and connectors intended to establish an extension of tubing where the standard length of the tubing in an intravenous (IV) administration set is insufficient.
Further reasons to choose Tivatek can be found on the Benefits page.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to find out more information about Tivatek, please contact us on:
Tel: +44(0)1621 773471
Alternatively, you can complete the Contact Form on the Contact Us page.